Camp Sites

Need advice on where to watch wildlife or want to tell others about a great wildlife hotspot?

Camp Sites

Postby Pross1 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:10 am

I've just bought a tent, so that I can have a few more weekends away. Can anyone suggest some good places to camp. I'm looking for places that are good for wildlife and as natural as possible (with toilets though). I don't mind where as travelling isn't a big issue.
Pross1

RE: Camp Sites

Postby Fergus » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:13 pm

Where are you starting from? It would help narrow things down a bit.

If you're anywhere West, Brecon Beacons and Wye Valley are stunning this time of year.
Fergus

Postby Pross1 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:20 pm

Oh yeah DOH!!!

I'm on the Nottinghamshire/Yorkshire border near Doncaster.
Pross1

Postby bigbri » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:53 pm

Theres some really nice campsites in the new forest. Even ones with toilets and other facilities tend to be quiet and dont seem to be over run by screaming kids like your Butlins holidays etc. Theres loads of walking and some cracking wildlife down there.

Just dont get too scared when a pony puts its nose into ya tent at 3a.m...... WELL I HOPE IT WAS A PONY
bigbri

Postby dodger » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Those hampshire women eh Bri[:D][:D]
New forest had some great times as a kid there. Pembrokshire would be nice there are a few campsites there too. Or as mentioned the black mountains and elan valley have fun anyway mate, its great to go camping and be one with the wild.
dodger

Return to Places to Go