It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:23 pm

News News of Wildlife Photography

Site map of Wildlife Photography » Forum : Wildlife Photography

Discuss your Wildlife and Nature Photography tips, techniques and experiences.

Tau Emerald

The Tau Emerald (Hemicordulia tau), is a species of dragonfly in the family Corduliidae. It is found in all parts of Australia except northern Queensland and north-western Western Australia. The species was first described by Edmond de Sélys Longchamps in 1871.

Twitter / https://twitter.com/#!/YazeedAlsahli
Read more : Tau Emerald | Views : 982 | Replies : 0

Middle Spotted Woodpecker

Hi
Here are several pictures taken in the north Spain forest of Middle Spotted Woodpecker. This bird use to live in old Oak forest or other decidious forest and is one of the seven woodpeckers of the Iberian peninsula.

http://wildwatchingspain.blogspot.com/2012/02/pico-mediano-middle-spotted-woodpecker.html

Cheers
Read more : Middle Spotted Woodpecker | Views : 491 | Replies : 0

Common Eider

I thought I would take a break from posting tropical species to share this beautiful drake Common Eider. This one was shot in june up in Churchill, MB.

All the best!

Glenn

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
Shutter speed: 1/2500 sec
Aperture: 5.6
ISO: 400
Focal length: 500mm + 1.4x
Read more : Common Eider | Views : 1377 | Replies : 1

My Favourite - The Black-banded Owl (Ecuador)

During my recent month in Ecuador leading trips I twice had the opportunity to spend some time with this beautiful species - the Black-banded Owl. During the evenings they would come around the lodge we were at and search for moths and other insects near the lights. What a treat to hear their unique call and watch them hunting. Memories I will not soon forget.

He's a beauty isn't he???

Camera Model: Canon EOS ...
Read more : My Favourite - The Black-banded Owl (Ecuador) | Views : 881 | Replies : 0

Many-banded Aracari (Ecuador)

I just love canopy towers! Getting a chance to go up 35m in to the highest trees in the Amazon rainforest is a special experience in itself. Having a group of 8-10 Many-banded Aracari's fly in to the same tree and then hang out for 15 minutes...well...that was really special!!

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
Shutter speed: 1/80 sec
Aperture: 5.6
ISO: 400
Focal length: 500mm + 1.4x
Read more : Many-banded Aracari (Ecuador) | Views : 747 | Replies : 0

Carrion Crow

Dark birds can be difficult to expose correctly to extract detail.

I thought these might be of interest.

Good light is essential
Read more : Carrion Crow | Views : 3644 | Replies : 6

Common Sandpiper

These birds are mainly migratory (most spend the winter in Africa) but a few remain on the South Coast. I have noted this (or another like it) feeding during the winter at the estuary of the Hermitage stream with Langstone Harbour for the last 3 years.
It has learnt that there is plenty of food about and that the larder is always restocked each time the tide falls. Small invertebrates become trapped in the concrete ...
Read more : Common Sandpiper | Views : 438 | Replies : 0

Gadwall flight images

These images were taken at different times of the day. The latter ones were when the sky was overcast.

Note: The males have the dark bills whereas the females have the orange bills.

These were taken on the Langstone Harbour shoreline at Southmoor.

These were taken over the lakes at Budds Farm

Hope you like these.
Read more : Gadwall flight images | Views : 2054 | Replies : 2

Home from Ecuador - White-bellied Antpitta

Hello everyone!

I just returned from my annual Ecuador workshops last night. What a great time we had down there. A month of hummingbirds, Toucans, Tanagers, Owls and so many more fantastic birds. At one of our stops on the east slope the lodge was feeding this White-bellied Antpitta. After watching its behaviour on one morning I decided to try a set up shot the next time around. I was quite pleased with the result ...
Read more : Home from Ecuador - White-bellied Antpitta | Views : 460 | Replies : 0

Camera Trap Footage

Hi,

In the January edition of Wildlife it suggests 52 wild things to do in a year. One of the things suggested was to shoot your own wildlife films using remote camera traps. I have been doing this over the last year as a hobby and have collected clips from the UK, Brazil and Zambia of wildlife such as otters, badgers, giant armadillo, jaguar and porcupine to name a few. Here's a selection of my ...
Read more : Camera Trap Footage | Views : 8825 | Replies : 11

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 15195 • Total topics 2871 • Total members 13553