Win a holiday to Papa Westray, Orkney Islands
We have a holiday from 7 to 11 April 2016 for one lucky winner and a guest at Papa Westray, Orkney Islands, to give away, worth £990, courtesy of Papay Wildlife Club holidays.
This competition is sponsored by Papay Wildlife Club holidays.
All Papay Wildlife Club guests will find themselves at the heart of the community for their stay, for a wonderful wildlife experience amidst amazing landscape and heritage.
All groups are small, with a maximum group size of seven.
The theme of this holiday on 7 to 11 April is Awakening From Winter.
This time of year is the best for seeing great northern divers, tysties and long-tailed ducks.
The first great skuas will be prospecting their breeding territories and sandwich terns will be arriving back at their colony.
Eiders, rock pipits and common and grey seals can be seen on the island year-round.
Your leaders will be Papay residents, Julian Branscombe and Jonathan Ford. Julian has immersed himself in all aspects of Orkney's wildlife since 2009, and has worked in nature conservation for 25 years. Jonathan – Papay Ranger, naturalist, artist and antiquarian - will show you around the island’s fascinating historic sites, from Knap of Howar (this Neolithic building is Europe’s oldest standing house) to St Boniface Kirk and an exceptional 19th century farmstead.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Four nights and three days all-inclusive stay on Papa Westray, Orkney Islands from 7 to 11 April 2016.
- Accommodation in Beltane House, the high quality Papa Westray (VisitScotland three star) hostel which is very well run by Papay Community Co-operative. All rooms are en-suite.
- All transport on Papa Westray.
- Self-service continental breakfast and delicious home-cooked lunches and dinners.
- An extensive library of wildlife books, evening talks and indoor identification sessions will be on offer every night (ID guides and keys provided, and a microscope is available if it is required).
This competition is ONLY OPEN TO UK RESIDENTS.
Travel to the Orkney Islands and on to Papa Westray is NOT INCLUDED in the giveaway and is AT YOUR OWN COST. Papay Wildlife Club holidays can offer advice on how to book your travel arrangements. Travel to Orkney is occasionally affected by weather.
Pets are NOT welcome.
You will need to BRING good waterproof footwear, warm and waterproof clothing and binoculars if you have them.
- Webform: | Giveaway |