Win a wildlife holiday to the Cairngorms
We have a holiday from 6 to 13 August 2016 for one winner and a guest to Cairngorms National Park to give away, worth £2,300, courtesy of Speyside Wildlife.
This giveaway is sponsored by Speyside Wildlife.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- A superb selection of Scottish wildlife
- Exclusive use of Speyside Wildlife’s evening wildlife watching hide
- An inshore boat trip for bottlenose dolphins
- A spotlighting night drive on a private estate
- A West Coast boat trip for minke whale and more skuas, divers, shearwaters and seals
- Eagles, ospreys and good chance of seeing an otter
- Weather Expect a mix of sun and showers (15°-25°C)
- Walking Time will be spent patiently watching and waiting with only occasional gentle walks of up to 1-2 miles
- Walking boots are recommended, but walking shoes are fine
- Meals All included from dinner on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 8
- Insects Biting midges can occasionally be a nuisance by lochs and shores, especially in the west
- Boats Boat trips are in relatively sheltered waters and last 2 hrs (Moray Firth), 21⁄2 hrs (West Coast)
- Accommodation Double (ensuite) twin (ensuite) and single (ensuite and non ensuite) rooms
- General Most days will finish very late - when our target mammals are most active - but will be compensated by late breakfasts
- Group 12
- Day 1 Arrive in Glenfeshie. 7 nights at the Steading (see image below)
- Days 2-7 Wildlife and birdwatching exploration of the area, including the Cairngorms the Moray Firth, and the West Coast, with two boat trips for whales and dolphins
- Day 8 Depart after breakfast
SPECIES YOU MAY SEE
Pine marten, badger, otter, common seal, bottlenose dolphin, minke whale, red squirrel, mountain hare, golden eagle, crested tit, osprey and black-throated diver
- This competition is ONLY OPEN TO UK RESIDENTS.
- Travel to and from Glen Feshie is not included in the giveaway and is at YOUR OWN COST. Speyside Wildlife can offer advice on how to book your travel arrangements. Email Speyside at email@example.com or call 01479 812498.
- Pets are not allowed on the holiday
- You will need to bring good waterproof footwear, warm and waterproof clothing and binoculars if you have them. A list of what to bring will be sent to the lucky winner.
SPEYSIDE WILDLIFE HOLIDAYS
Speyside Wildlife holidays are just that – holidays. Expert wildlife guides will be able to give you some of the best opportunities to see the wildlife you’ve always wanted to see. The holidays are fully inclusive, so as well as finding the wildlife for you, Speyside Wildlife takes the strain and sorts all the logistics too.
Small group sizes ensure individual attention, giving you the space to enjoy your surroundings, whilst marvelling at the wildlife, all in the fantastic company of like-minded guests, who share your enthusiasm for the natural world.
Whether you’ve always wanted to see pine martens in the Cairngorms National Park, Iberian lynx in Andujar, grizzly bears in Yellowstone, or owls in Finland, they’ve got the holiday for you.
Speyside Wildlife works hard to visit and seek out small, locally run, authentic accommodation; with local guides in remote areas and sourcing local food wherever possible – giving you the opportunity to truly immerse yourself in the location and get the authentic experience you desire.
- Webform: | Giveaway |