Work experience on BBC Wildlife
Why not gain valuable experience by joining us for work experience?
BBC Wildlife welcomes work experience students for a period of one or two weeks throughout the year. Priority will be given to applicants with a passion for wildlife and a keen interest in magazine publishing.
Please note, the minimum age for work experience is 18.
As part of the team, your varied tasks may include contributing ideas and writing copy, helping out with the website, background research for features, updating directories, administration and picture research.
The work placement provides an insight into the magazine publishing industry and an opportunity to work alongside an established editorial team.
Due to the high volume of requests we receive we cannot always accommodate specific requests.
To apply for work experience, please email email@example.com with a covering letter, and a CV which includes the following information:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- What is your availability?
- Please pitch three wildlife stories to us and answer the following questions for each:
- How will we sell this story on the cover of the magazine?
- What will it do for readers? (Please provide a 50 word summary)
- Which section of the magazine or website is this for?
- Who will you need to interview?
- What other research is required?