This year, The Good Life Experience takes place from 12-15 September, in the grounds of Hawarden Castle in Flintshire – once owned by William Gladstone, a Prime Minister to Queen Victoria.
The festival prides itself on a feel-good programme taking in campfire feasting, music, poetry, debates, outdoor adventure including wild swimming, foraging forays and woodland rambles, a wide variety of have-a-go-workshops and talks by top speakers.
Wild swimming at The Good Life Experience.
Among the guests will be Britain’s first astronaut Helen Sharman; TV vet James Greenwood; vegetarian cook and Guardian columnist Anna Jones; celebrity baker Tom Herbert; Great British Sewing Beehost and sustainable fashion champion Patrick Grant, veg growing expert Lia Leendertz, and Cerys Matthews, who will be launching Where the Wild Cooks Go, her newly published compilation of recipes and stories from her world travels.
Where The Wild Cooks Go by Cerys Matthews.
Three-night camping passes for the festival usually cost £189 a head but one lucky BBC Wildlife reader can win places for themselves and a guest, plus seats at Cerys’s book launch event, and a signed copy of the publication.
The passes also admit up to three children aged under 12 and well-behaved family dogs.
- A three-night camping pass for two adults, up to three children aged under 12, and well-behaved dogs, worth £378.
- Tickets to Cerys’ book launch event.
- A signed copy of Where the Wild Cooks Go, worth £25.
- Travel to and from The Good Life Experience.
- Accommodation at The Good Life Experience.
- Any food or drinks.
- Any tips and gratuities.
There are opportunities to have a go at different arts and crafts at The Good Life Experience.
The Go! Team performing at The Good Life Experience.
Terms and conditions
- Read our full terms and conditions before entering.
- The first entry with the correct answer drawn at random after the closing date will win the family camping pass to The Good Life Experience and seats at Cerys’ book launch event, plus a signed copy of Where the Wild Cooks Go.
- Travel, food and accommodation not included.
- No cash alternative.
- Over 18s only.
- Only one entry per person.
- The competition is open to all residents of the UK, (including the Channel Islands), except employees or contractors of Immediate Media or The Good Life Experience and anyone connected with the promotion or their direct family members.
- Closing date for entries is 11.59pm on Monday 26 August 2019.
Enter below and don’t forget to provide your contact details so that we can contact you if you win.
Main image: Cerys Matthews at The Good Life Experience. © Paul Johnson