The four-star Macdonald Bear Hotel, once a 13th century coaching inn, is ideally located in the picturesque town of Woodstock, offering a slice of luxury in the heart of the countryside.
Our winner and their guest will enjoy two nights in a sumptuous suite. After a relaxing night’s sleep, there will be a full English breakfast each morning, dinner on one evening, and tickets to explore nearby Blenheim Palace, birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill.
- Two-nights’ bed and full-English breakfast for two
- Dinner for two on one of the evenings, at the hotel
- Two tickets for a day out to nearby Blenheim Palace, Park and Gardens
- Travel to and from the venue
- Any meals outside of those indicated above
- Personal care items
- Tips and gratuities
The hotel combines history and culture with period features and exceptional facilities. The 54 elegant and individually styled en-suite bedrooms are comfortable and traditionally furnished with a range of modern amenities, including Freeview TV and tea-and- coffee-making facilities.
Feature suite room
On one evening, the winner and guest can look forward to a three-course dinner in the hotel’s award-winning restaurant, which serves classic British dishes with a modern twist.
Macdonald Bear Hotel is the perfect relaxing base for exploring the beautiful Cotswolds countryside. It is on the doorstep of Blenheim Palace, Park and Gardens, a designated UNESCO world heritage site and the principal residence of the Dukes of Marlborough. It is the only non-royal and non-episcopal country house in England to be titled a palace, and is famous as the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill – and where he proposed to his future wife.
Blenheim Palace, Park and Gardens
Nearby wildlife attractions include the tranquil woodland of the CS Lewis Nature Reserve and the limestone grassland of Glyme Valley. For more exotic creatures, the Cotswold Wildlife Park is a short drive away. And, of course, the hotel is close to the historic city of Oxford with its famed museums and art galleries.
Exclusive reader offer – save 30%!
All readers can save 30%* on Macdonald Bear Hotel’s flexible dinner, bed and breakfast rate with our exclusive offer.
For more information or to book, please call 0344 879 9143, quoting BBC Wildlife Magazine. For further hotel details, please visit: macdonaldshotels.co.uk/our-hotels/macdonald-bear-hotel
*Offer (based on two adults sharing a standard double/twin room bedroom) valid from 2 January to 31 March 2019, subject to availability of allocated rooms.
Terms and conditions
- Read our full terms and conditions before entering.
- The first entry with the correct answer drawn at random after the closing date will win the hotel break.
- Prize (based on two sharing) valid for six months from the nomination of the winner, subject to availability. The hotel reserves the right to close out to the offer when it reaches a certain level of occupancy. No cash alternative is available.
- The tickets for Blenheim Palace, Park and Gardens will be issued on arrival at the hotel and are valid for one day during the prize winner’s stay. They cannot be used as part of the promotion for an annual pass to Blenheim.
- Only one entry per household.
- The competition is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands, aged 18 or over, except employees or contractors of Immediate Media, Macdonald Bear Hotel and anyone connected with the promotion or their direct family members.
- Closing date for entries is Thursday 31 January.
Enter below and don’t forget to provide your contact details so that we can contact you if you win.