To celebrate the publication of Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies by Peter Eeles, Nature Bureau are giving away 5 signed copies to BBC Wildlife readers.
This 400-page book provides unique insights into the hidden world of the butterflies of Britain and Ireland by focusing on their life cycles, with detailed descriptions and photos of the adult, egg, caterpillar and chrysalis of each species. The book also includes, for the first time, a description and photos of every larval instar (the period between moults) for each species, highlighting any differences in appearance.
Each species description includes details and photos of the habitats occupied by the butterfly, along with a summary of its distribution, conservation status and the timing of each stage during the year. The book also contains the latest information available on each species, including recent discoveries that are documented here for the first time.
Butterflies are infinitely fascinating. What may start as a simple hobby of photographing the adult insects can evolve into a deep interest in their immature stages, ecology and conservation and this book will help light your way.
Pete Eeles with Life Cycles of British and Irish Butterflies.
Terms and conditions
- Read our full terms and conditions before entering.
- The first 5 entries, with the correct answer, drawn at random after the closing date will win a signed copy of the Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies book.
- No cash alternative.
- Over 18s only.
- Only one entry per person.
- The competition is open to all residents of the UK, (including the Channel Islands), except employees or contractors of Immediate Media, Nature Bureau, and anyone connected with the promotion or their direct family members.
- Closing date for entries is 11.59pm on Sunday 24 November 2019.
Enter below and don’t forget to provide your contact details so that we can contact you if you win.