The British Wildlife Photography Awards (BWPA) celebrates both the work of amateur and professional photographers and the beauty and diversity of British wildlife. Winning images are chosen from thousands of entries in fifteen separate categories including a category for film and two junior categories to encourage young people to connect with nature through photography.
2019 Overall winner and Urban category winner: Behind bars (grey heron, London). © Daniel Trim/British Wildlife Photography Awards
Galleries of recent BWPA winning images:
The culmination of the annual competition is a touring exhibition featuring the winning and highly commended photos, not to mention many other stunning images. This exhibition tours Britain for a year and in conjunction with Ammonite Press and beautiful coffee table wildlife photography book is also published showcasing the best images of the competition.
The book British Wildlife Photography 10 is usually retailed at £25 but if you enter this competition you’ll have a chance to win one of five copies.
British zoologist Mark Carwardine gave his support to the book and competition this year saying, “I hope you enjoy this remarkable book. Maybe you’ll be encouraged to enter the competition yourself next year? But, most of all, I hope it will inspire you to get involved, to take an active part in protecting our precious wildlife.”
Terms and conditions
- Read our full terms and conditions before entering.
- The first 5 entries drawn at random after the closing date will win a copy of the British Wildlife Photography Awards 10.
- No cash alternative.
- Over 18s only.
- Only one entry per person.
- The competition is open to all residents of the UK, (including the Channel Islands), except employees or contractors of Immediate Media, British Wildlife Photography Awards, GMC Publications, and anyone connected with the promotion or their direct family members.
- Closing date for entries is 11.59pm on Sunday 1 December 2019.
Enter below and don’t forget to provide your contact details so that we can contact you if you win.