To celebrate the publication of Dancing With Bees by Brigit Strawbridge Howard, Chelsea Green Publishing are giving away a wonderful bee kit to BBC Wildlife readers looking to welcome these fascinating and necessary pollinators into their garden, balcony or back yard.
The winner will receive a signed copy of Dancing With Bees, 2 ‘seed bombs’ which will grow rich varieties of bee-friendly flowers, and a ‘Bee Hotel’ which can be mounted on a wall and provides a safe haven for solitary bees.
Dancing With Bees is Strawbridge Howard’s charming and eloquent account of a return to ‘noticing‘, to rediscovering a perspective on the world that had somehow been lost to her for decades and to reconnecting with the natural world. With special care and attention to the plight of pollinators, including honeybees, bumblebees, and solitary bees, and what we can do to help them, Strawbridge Howard shares fascinating details of the lives of flora and fauna that have filled her days with ever-increasing wonder and delight.
The book has been beautifully illustrated by Dartmoor naturalist and wildlife illustrator John Walters.
Red-tailed bumblebee illustration by John Walters.
Terms and conditions
- Read our full terms and conditions before entering.
- The first entry drawn at random after the closing date will win a signed copy of Dancing With Bees by Brigit Strawbridge Howard, 2 Kabloom seed bombs and a bee hotel.
- No cash alternative.
- Over 18s only.
- Only one entry per person.
- The competition is open to all residents of the UK, (including the Channel Islands), except employees or contractors of Immediate Media, Chelsea Green Publishing or Read Media and anyone connected with the promotion or their direct family members.
- Closing date for entries is 11.59pm on Sunday 13 October 2019.
Enter below and don’t forget to provide your contact details so that we can contact you if you win.