To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the RSPB’s Big Garden Birdwatch, we’re giving you the chance to win a special anniversary kit worth £170.
The kit includes everything you need to encourage birds into your garden and get you closer to nature. It features the RSPB’s Avocet 8×42 binoculars, worth £130, and a bumper bird food gift box, worth £40, crammed full of a fantastic selection of seeds, suet and nibbles and three bird feeders, suitable for a variety of garden birds particularly blue tits, great tits and house sparrows.
RSPB Avocet 8×42 binoculars.
The Big Garden Birdwatch starter kit.
There are also two runner-up prizes available consisting of an RSPB easy-clean seed feeder and a 1.8kg of no-mess sunflower mix bird seed, worth £17.74.
Medium classic seed feeder.
No mess sunflower mix.
Just one hour every year, for the last 40 years, has made the RSPB’s Big Garden Birdwatch the largest garden wildlife citizen science project. During that time, hundreds of thousands of people have volunteered their time providing the RSPB with over 8 million hours of monitoring garden birds.
To mark the event, the RSPB is encouraging participants to share their Big Garden Birdwatch stories.
This year’s event takes place on 26, 27 and 28 January 2019. Spend just one hour watching and recording the birds in your garden or local green space, then send your results to the RSPB. Over the last 40 years, 130 million birds have been counted giving the RSPB an astonishing amount of insight into how our wildlife is faring.
Terms and conditions
- Read our full terms and conditions before entering.
- The first entry drawn at random after the closing date will win the binoculars and Big Garden Birdwatch starter kit. The next two entries drawn at random after the closing date will win the feeder and sunflower mix bird seed.
- Only one entry per household.
- The competition is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands, aged 18 or over, except employees or contractors of Immediate Media, the RSPB, and anyone connected with the promotion of their direct family members.
- Closing date for entries is 23.59 on Thursday 31 January 2019.
Enter below and don’t forget to provide your contact details so that we can contact you if you win.