General terms and conditions 2020
General competition terms and conditions 2020
- The BBC Code of Conduct for competitions can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/competitioncode and all BBC-branded magazines comply with the Code.
- Competitions are open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands, Islands, aged 18 years or older, except employees or contractors of Immediate Media and anyone connected with the promotion or their direct family members.
- By entering a competition, the participants agree: to be bound by these terms and conditions; that their surname and county of residence may be released if they win a prize; and that should they win the competition, their name and likeness may be used for pre-arranged promotional purposes.
- Entrants should follow the instructions for each competition carefully in order to enter. Entries received after the specified closing date and time will not be considered, and cannot be returned.
- Only one entry will be permitted per person, regardless of method of entry. Bulk entries made by third parties will not be permitted.
- The winning entrant will be the first correct entry drawn at random after the closing time, or, in creative competitions, the one that in the judges’ opinion is the best.
- There is no cash alternative and prizes will not be transferable. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. We reserve the right to substitute the prize with one of the same or greater value.
- Our decision as to the winner is final and no correspondence relating to a competition will be entered.The name and county of residence of the winner(s) will be available [by sending an SAE to BBC Wildlife Magazine, Immediate Media, Eagle House, Colston Avenue, Bristol, BS1 4ST within three months of the closing date of the promotion.
- The winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email within 10 days of the close of the promotion.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend a competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside its control.
- If we cannot reach you, or if we have not received a response within 28 working days of the initial date of contact, we may re-offer the prize to a runner-up or in one of our future competitions. The prize will only be reassigned 3 times before it is given to charity.
- We exclude liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into a competition or occurring to the winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
- The competitions are subject to the laws of England.
- Promoter: Immediate Media Co Bristol Ltd.